Fall Maintenance & Upgrades
Like we don’t already have it good with conditions that allow for year-round boating in the Pacific Northwest, local news recently reported that it may also be a mild winter. True or not, what we know for certain is that early Fall is the right time to assess what worked well on your boat this summer and what requires attention.
Correcting and upgrading your boat now will prepare you for the Fall and Winter boating this year and ensure you are ready to get on the water in full form early Spring when others are securing their space in the service lines.
What’s popular to do this time of year?
- Update electronics – consider installing AIS to your chart plotter
- Efoy system installations
- Solar panel installations
- Update batteries (from wet cell to AGM or Firefly’s)
- Full boat cleaning, detailing and waxing
- Bottom painting