The new Catalina 275 Sport just may be the boat you’ve been waiting for.
Maybe you want to recapture the pure joy of sailing in a simpler but stylish boat that doesn’t require much effort or crew to get you out on the water…
Maybe you no longer need the amenities or complications of a larger boat just to enjoy an afternoon out on the water with a few friends…
Maybe a pretty and fast boat will just be more fun to own!
The new Catalina 275 Sport is the 5 Series’ newest design from Catalina. It reflects what many sailors have told us – they no longer need that big boat, but don’t want to give up racing or day sailing. They are spending fewer nights aboard, but still want the ability to overnight, even if it’s an occasional trip with kids or grandkids.
The 275 Sport was designed to meet these desires and exceed expectations. We started with a modern, long waterline, and kept the beam modest to allow trailering.
The handsome hull is coupled with a powerful rig with large main and selftacking jib, which makes the 275 not only fast, but also super-easy to sail.
The cockpit is what the 275 is all about. The helmsman will become reacquainted with the simple pleasure of steering a well-balanced responsive boat with a tiller from the comfortable, ergonomically designed outboard coamings.
Accommodations below are adequate for weekending or just getting out of the weather, and an enclosed head is always appreciated, even on day sails.
Specifications for: CATALINA 275 SPORT
Length Overall 8.38 m 27’ 6”
Length of Hull 8.38 m 27’ 6”
Length of Waterline 8.10 m 26’ 7”
Beam 2.59 m 8’ 6”
Draft Fin Keel 1.42 m 4’ 8”
Wing Keel 1.11 m 3’ 8”
Sail Area Actual 35.30 m2 380 sq. ft.
Sail Area 100% Foretriangle 29.54 m2 318 sq. ft.
Mast Height Above Water 11.89 m 39’ 0”
I 10.49 m 34’ 5”
J 2.74 m 8’ 9”
P 9.60 m 31’ 6”
E 3.50 m 11’ 6”
Approx. Basic Weight 2,268 kg 5,000 lbs.
Ballast Fin Keel 925 kg 2,040 lbs.
Wing Keel 998 kg 2,200 lbs.
- Hull of Hand-laid Fiberglass with Hull Liner bonded to the Hull
- One Piece Fiberglass Deck with Molded-In Non-Skid Surfaces and Fiberglass Deck Liner
- Lead Fin Keel with Stainless Steel Bolts
- Waterline Stripe
- Stainless Steel Rub Strake
- Five Year Gel Coat Blister Protection * ( 2 )
- Five Year Hull Structure Warranty * ( 3 )
Spars and Rigging
- Full Batten Square Tip Mainsail with Reef Points, Low Friction Roller Cars
- Loose Footed Mainsail
- Self Tacking Jib with UV Protection, White
- Complete Standing and Running Rigging
- Internal Low-Stretch Halyards
- PVC Wiring Conduit with VHF Coax in Mast
- Anodized Mast and Boom
- Internal Outhaul Control located in Boom
SAIL HANDLING AND EQUIPMENT
- ( 2 ) Cabin Top – Winches, Port & Starboard
- Ball Bearing Mainsheet System with 3:1 Gross Purchase, 6:1 Fine Purchase
- ( 4 ) Sheet Stoppers
- Halyards Led Aft to Cockpit
- Single Line Mainsail Reefing System Led to the Cockpit
- Rigid Adjustable Boom Vang with 4:1 System
- Mainsheet Traveler located in Cockpit, 4:1 System
- Vectran Line Main Halyard
- Ball Bearing Headsail Furling Gear
- Retractable Bow Sprit and Deck Hardware
- 24:1 Back Stay Adjuster w/Mainsail Flicker at Masthead
- Comfortable Cockpit with Contoured Coamings
- ( 2 ) Cockpit Seat Lockers
- Storage Locker
- Two Mooring Cleats, Fore and Aft
- Molded in Anchor Locker with Rode Securing Point
- Stainless Steel Bow Pulpit
- Stainless Steel Stern Ladder
- Manual Bilge Pump with Thru Deck Handle
- Self Bailing Cockpit
- Storage Pockets for Halyards Lines in Cockpit
- Walk-through Transom
- Carbon Fiber Tiller with Hiking Stick
- Low Friction Rudder Bearings
- Lifelines: Stern Looks and Stern Gates with Pelican Hooks
- Cunningham Adjuster for Mainsail
- Jib Track and Cars Mounted on Cabin Top
- Bow Sprit
- Private Enclosed Head
- Solid Maple Interior Trim
- Storage Lockers under Berths
- Maple Main Cabin Table with Pedestal
- LED Lighting
- Filler Cushion to Convert Salon to Large Berth
- Teak and Holly Textured High Pressure Laminate Sole
- Opening Forward Hatch with Light Diffusing Lens and Screen
- Mid-Deck Deadlight with light Diffusing Lens
- ( 4 ) Removable Zippered Gear Bags
- Sunbrella Cushion and Berth Covers with Contrasting Piping
- 12V Plug in Galley for Mobile Phone
- Storage Cabinet in Galley with Cutlery Drawer
- Polished Stainless Sink with Overboard Drain
- Removable Cooler in Drawer with Ball Bearing Guides
- Fresh Water Pump
- Self Contained Water System
- Opening Port with Screen
- Sink and Vanity with Fresh Water Pump and thru Hull Drain including Seacock
- Hooks and Hanging Area
- Marine Head with Holding Tank including Deck Pump Out Plate
- Wet Locker for Hanging Cloths
- 12 Volt Electrical System with Panel
- Battery, 12 Volt
- Steaming Light on Mast
- 12 Volt LED Lighting
- Anchor Light on Masthead
- Navigation Lights to International Rules
- Yanmar 2Y1M5 2 Cyl – 4 Stroke 14.6hp Diesel Sail Drive with Two Blade Propeller
- Electronic Central Panel with Large Tachometer
- Remote Fuel Filter and Water Separator
- Cooling Water Seawater Filter
- Remote Coolant Reservoir
- Aqualift Muffler System
- Stainless Steel Single Lever Engine Control
The Company reserves the right to make changes to the above noted vessel description and pricing without notice. This vessel is offered for sale by the Company subject to E&OE and withdrawal without notice.