Careers with Specialty Yachts
We are an established yacht brokerage located on Granville Island, the heart of British Columbia’s marine community. We are looking for motivated and professional commission yacht sales representatives who are experienced boaters and can confidently represent the boating lifestyle and quality sail and power boat brands.
Your role as a Yacht Broker
- Initiate and close sales;
- Share your experience with existing customers and prospect for new customers who want to sell or buy a boat;
- Generate, sustain and develop long-term relationships;
- Develop customized strategic marketing plans that build your profile and enable sales success;
- Execute on sale & listing requirements: facilitate contract requirements, conduct sea trials and complete commissioning.
- Uphold the standards and ethics of Specialty Yachts and that of a Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB)
- Must be a boater who can confidently handle both sailboats and powerboats.
- 3+ years in marine industry/consumer luxury product sales.
- Comfortable handling individual sales in the $150,000 – $2,000,000 range.
- A resourceful self-starter.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Business/Marketing/Sales certificate preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
- Earnings are determined by you, dependent on experience, focus and commitment to growing portfolio.
- Extended benefits plan.
- Financial support for professional development plan.
- Flexible work environment;
Please forward cover letter with your resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
An ideal opportunity for a Marine Service Lead in the heart of BC marine community.
Repairs, commissioning, maintenance, upgrades and installations on new and pre-owned yachts at busy Granville Island dealership and brokerage.
A customer advocate, the marine service lead must have strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and experience with:
- general repairs
- marine electrical systems and navigation equipment
- marine plumbing systems
- cutting, waxing and bottom painting
- basic wood and gel coating
- power and sailboat operations
Must have an understanding of:
- mechanical systems and electronics
- vessel systems and operations
We offer a competitive pay and benefits package. Please forward cover letter with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to answer the following questions:
- How many years of Marine Service experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: MST or ABYC equivalent?
We thank all applicants in advance. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are always keen to hear from those interested in sales, service or administrative careers in the marine industry. Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.