Catalina 14.2 Expo
The design of the Catalina Expo 14.2 is based on the hugely successful Catalina 14.2. Having built over 5,000 Catalina 14.2s the Expo is intended as an alternative rig configuration for those new to sailing or experienced sailors who want to enjoy the fun of small boat sailing in a simple, non-technical fun boat.
The SmartRig® system consists of a tapered carbon fiber mast and deck stepped Hoyt boom. Just two lines control all the sail’s power. One line controls the sail size, while the mainsheet line shapes the sail. Strong, yet flexible, the mast bends in the gusty conditions instead of the boat heeling excessively. Having far less weight than an aluminum mast, the boat is more stable, with less tipping.
At the end of the day, just pull the furling line and the sail wraps completely around the mast. The mast and boom are free-standing and have no wires or chainplates to work around. This not only greatly decreases set-up time, but makes for a roomy, more comfortable, inviting cockpit. The one-piece aluminum Hoyt boom is up high and out of the way, with no chance of falling into the cockpit.
Specifications for: CATALINA 14.2 EXPO
- Five Year Gel Coast Blister Protection * (2)
- Furling Mainsail, Dacron with U.V. Protection, White
- One Piece Fiberglass Hull, White
- One Piece Fiberglass Deck, White
- Molded-In Non-Skid Surfaces
- Dacron Running Rigging
- Fiberglass Composite Kick-Up Rudder
- Self-Bailing Cockpit
- Barney Post with Ratchet Cam Cleat
- Forward Storage Compartment
- Adjustable Outhaul
- SmartRig Rig System
- Tiller Extension
- Adjustable Hiking Straps
- Fibreglass Composite Centreboard
- Trailer Bow Eye
- Free-Standing Carbon Composite Furling Mast
- Free-Standing Aluminum Hoyt Boom
The Company reserves the right to make changes to the above noted vessel description and pricing without notice. This vessel is offered for sale by the Company subject to E&OE and withdrawal without notice.